Despite all our wishes, prayers, and futile attempts to build time-freezing machines, summer is preparing its exit, and fall is at the doorstep!!
Just like you switch up your wardrobe to work for the changing seasons, it’s important to do the same with your skincare regimen. While summer skincare is all about sun protection and oil control, fall brings its own challenges—namely, repairing the damage you did during all that summer fun, and keeping your delicate epidermis protected from the drier, cooler air of autumn, and prepared for the many colder, harsher months ahead.
1. Exfoliate, Don’t Aggravate
Summer damage can lead to dead cell buildup on your skin, which can make it feel rough and look dull. Fall is a great time to introduce a body scrub once or twice a week to ward off dry, itchy patches before they happen, but it’s equally essential to use a gentle exfoliation method that won’t irritate or strip your skin of moisture.
2. Lighten Up (Where Your Cleanser’s Concerned)
If your face feels extremely dry and taut after you wash, it could mean that in its quest to draw out dirt and impurities, your cleanser is actually stripping your skin of its natural oils, too—which can lead to more dryness, clogged pores, and sadness. For fall, look for a gentle cleanser that gets the job done without over-drying.
3. Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize!
Depending on your skin type and climate, consider switching to a creamier morning moisturizer and a richer night cream to give your skin an extra boost of that much-needed moisture. And just like your fall outfits, don’t be afraid to layer. A serum is a nice addition to your skincare routine, because it moisturizes, nourishes, and repairs.
4. Don’t Skip SPF
Just because the days are shorter and the sun’s rays are less intense, you shouldn’t skip sunscreen in the fall. Sun damage can happen even when there’s cloud cover! So make sure to cover your face, neck, hands, and any other exposed areas with at least SPF 15 to prevent UV damage.
5. Just Say Yes to Hand Crème & Cuticle Oil
Make it part of your routine to use your favorite hand crème throughout the day. Keeping your hands and nails soft and supple in the colder months can make a huge difference not just for your own comfort, but in the appearance of your hands and the strength of your nails—the better to show off all your moody fall manicures!.
6. Watch That Water Temperature
A long, hot shower can feel divine when the weather gets chilly, but it can actually wreak havoc on your skin, stripping away oil and leading to parched, dry, and scaly skin. To avoid these issues, lower the temperature to warm and keep your bath or shower short. This is especially important when washing your face in the shower.
7. Don’t Forget Your Feet
Spring is traditionally “pedicure season,” but after a long summer of open-toed sandals and sandy beaches, it’s probably time to push the reset button on those dry heels and rough soles. Plus, there really isn’t anything better than cozying up for a DIY Pedi pampering session.
Falling leaves should signal to everyone that it is the time to rejuvenate your skin and repair all damage you’ve done during the previous months by scheduling a facial, Manicure & Pedicure.
If you’re convinced that now is the right time, book your appointment now, Preeti’s has a deal for you.
20% off on all facials!!
Our Suggestions @ Preeti’s
1. Microdermabrasion – With Phyris Facial Treatment : Non-invasive treatment that helps revive skin from Acne Scars, Rough Skin, Dry Skin, Uneven Pigment, Sun Spots, Wrinkles, Skin Rejuvenation and Blackheads leaving your skin youthful and renewed. Treatment for hands, feet, and back are also available upon consultation.
2. Alex AHA Peel- Photo Rejuvenation: Provide effective treatments for acne, problems of pigmentation, and broken capillaries. Skin is rejuvenated to create an even complexion. Treatment can also be performed on hands and feet to get rid of age spots and pigmentation.
3. Casmara – Green Tea Mask: Green Tea Mask is a mask for all skin types, especially fatigued or damaged skins. Unisex formula for all ages, at any time of year. It is used for Replenishing & Rejuvenation, Anti-ageing.
4. Clayton Shagal – Chocolate Mask: Brightens complexion and minimizes appearances of blemishes even dark circles under the eyes. Caffeine element energizes, tightens, tones and firms. Delivers luminous glowing and radiant skin.
5. Spa Pedicure with Eco-fin Treatment: Soothe and repair with our spa pedicure. This service includes a complete nail treatment, exfoliate, salt scrub, massage and hot towels. Renew and protect with this nourishing hand/foot treatment with this Eco-fin treatment which is 100% natural plant based ingredients and pure essential oils.
Still Confused about which skin care products are right for you and your skin? DON’T WORRY!!
Preeti’s Laser Clinic offers FREE consultation and skin analysis with your facial visits.
Book today and consult about your skin and we will be able to offer you the best skin care products.
Call for your next visit @ 905-790-2300